- In the Golden Dawn, There are also 11 steps, or degrees,. Aleister Crowley revered this number as well when he said that the whole object of magick was the 5 (black, yin, pentagonal) with 6 (white, yang, hexagonal) – thus making 11!
- The general number of magic or sorcery and magicians. The individual in confrontation with the world. The number of war and the battle with the demonic element (The images of the destruction played over and over again could certainly be considered mind-control-sorcery).
- The symbol of Martyrdom.
- Symbol of the interior flight, the rebellion and the mislaying which results from it.
- The trangression of the law is represented by 11 because of it exceeding the number ten by 1. That is the one of the Decalogue. According to Saint Augustin, it represents the sin. The punishment of the wicked is asked in Psalm 11 (Vulgate numbering). This symbolism is confirmed by theoretical speculations. If you added all numbers from 1 to 11 they will equal 66. And by multiplying 11 by 6 (the number of evil) you get 66. If you added the two digits together it is reminiscent of the Roman number II (number of both the division and corruption).
According to H.- P. Blavatsky, the 1 followed by 0 indicates the column and the circle, meaning the principle of the female and male, and this symbol would refer to the Androgyne nature and also to Jehovah, being at the same time male and female.
- Represent the first couple, the marriage: 1 = the man, 0 the egg fertilized by the 1. The ten gives the indication of a spiritual regression since the marriage is a consequence of the fall of the man.
- The number ten is regarded as the most perfect of numbers, because it contains the Unit that did it all, and the zero, symbol of the matter and the Chaos, of which all came out; it then includes in its figure the created and the non-created, the beginning and the end, the power and the force, the life and the nothing.