LIEola commissioned one of his Jesuits named Francisco Ribera (1537-1591) to write an opposing view. He wrote a 500 page commentary on the Book of Revelation. The main premise of his commentary was that:
(1) Antichrist was one man . . . not a dynasty.
(2) He would be an atheist or infidel.
(3) He would not be revealed until 7 years before the end of time.
(4) He would sit in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and make a covenant with the Jews.
(5) He would call himself God etc., etc.
(6) The Christians were hindering his appearance but they would be "caught up" raptured to Heaven before his appearance -- the "Left Behind" madness!!